Wednesday 24 April 2013

Introduction

In this blog, I am going to reflect on what I have read in relation to educational contexts. I have chosen to study the work of Montessori, Forest School, The Importance of Play and Life Long Learning, as these topics interest me the most.
     I am particularly fascinated by the work of Maria Montessori, as I feel she has revolutionised the way children learn and how the environment needs to be adapted to fit their needs. Forest Schools are also very interesting, and I wish I could have the chance to go and see this activity take place. Learning in this environment is so beneficial to children, as it is engaging, practical and exciting. Play is a very obvious and important factor to the development of a child's learning, and can be very helpful in many ways. Life Long Learning is something, which in my opinion, is not publicised enough, and definitely should be. It is a rewarding scheme to be part of, and can change individual's lives. I am going to focus on University of The Third Age, as I want to tell my Grandparent about it, and how she can become part of it as I think it will interest her greatly.
       I am also going to find some further reading and sources to influence my conclusion on each of contexts I have chosen, such as e books, on-line references and readings.


No comments:

Post a Comment